Emergencies During Surgery Hours
All requests from patients or relatives are assessed by the duty doctor.
- Reception staff will take details and pass the information directly to the duty doctor.
- Duty doctor will assess the information and contact the patient/relatives to do an initial assessment/consultation.
The doctor will carry out one, or a combination, of the following:
- A home visit (this may be done by a member of the community team)
- A telephone consultation and issue medication that day or within 48 hours depending on the degree of emergency.
- A consultation at the surgery that day, or in the future,
- Referral to the hospital.